01 January 2008

No-Bake Noodle Cookies

I must not have been thinking clearly when I picked Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays to update. The last night of Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Valentine's Day, April Fool's Day, Earth Day… all of them on days when I update. (My birthday also, but I won't still be doing ABS, because I will be a college graduate by then, woo-hoo!) Today, I was happy to rediscover a Christmas gift (Thanks Uncle Bruce, Aunt Gwen, and family) on our kitchen table that was perfect for ABS – No-Bake Noodle Cookies.

Yep, you only need a microwave for these babies. My mom says she used to know a recipe for no-bake brownies (no-bake, if I made them, because the batter would be all gone before they could hit the oven). The cookies are perfect for dorm room study sessions or late New Year's Day snacks that you (by which I mean me) can make tolerably well before or after the… er, memories of the night before have worn off. And I'm tolerably sure that all of these ingredients are also available on the salad bar, though you might have trouble with the peanut butter chips or chow mein noodles. Unless you want to make your own chow mein noodles, for which you'll need some ramen. I didn't measure everything in the jar, but I do have a picture of it, which gives a tolerably good impression of the ratios of things.

[These cookies really look (but not taste) really familiar to me. Watch out, when I'm around cookies, they all tend to turn out looking like soot spirits.]


No-Bake Noodle Cookies


Things you'll need:

chocolate and peanut butter chips (about 1 cup total)

chow mein noodles (about 1 ½ cups)

peanuts (maybe ½ a cup)

raisins (maybe ¼ cup)


(Sorry Aunt Gwen, I think you told me on Christmas how much of each was in there. Anyone who knows, feel free to leave me a comment on the amounts and I'll update the ingredients list.)


  1. Microwave all ingredients together for 1 – 1½ minutes. Mix well.
  2. Dollop teaspoon sized cookies onto waxed paper. Cover and press with a second sheet of wax paper. Seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before eating.


Enjoy and Happy New Year!

No comments: